No EntryPoverty ReductionNov 2021
The procedures to pick out safety internet beneficiaries are the issue of repeated debates. Focusing on assessments normally concentration on performance by documenting the pre-plan profile of chosen beneficiaries. This review gives a extra in depth assessment of focusing on efficiency as a result of an experiment embedded in a countrywide dollars transfer plan in Niger. Qualified villages have been randomly assigned to have beneficiary homes chosen by community-primarily based focusing on (CBT), proxy-usually means testing (PMT), or a method to identify the food items-insecure (FCS). The review considers focusing on legitimacy and the impression of focusing on choice on plan success primarily based on knowledge collected after plan roll-out. PMT is extra effective in identifying homes with lessen consumption per capita. Nonbeneficiaries find method-primarily based procedures (PMT and FCS) extra legitimate than CBT. Manipulation and information and facts imperfections affect CBT, which can clarify why it is not the most legitimate. Plan impacts on some welfare dimensions are larger sized amid homes chosen by PMT than CBT.
- 2012. “Focusing on the Inadequate: Evidence from a Area Experiment in Indonesia.” American Economic Review 102 (four): 1206–40. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2019. “Does Elite Seize Make a difference? Area Elites and Targeted Welfare Plans in Indonesia.” AEA Papers and Proceedings 109: 334–39. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2016a. “Community Framework and the Aggregation of Information: Theory and Evidence from Indonesia.” American Economic Review 106 (seven): 1663–704. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2016b. “Self-Focusing on: Evidence from a Area Experiment in Indonesia.” Journal of Political Overall economy 124 (2): 371–427. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2018. “Discovering the Inadequate vs. Measuring Their Poverty: Checking out the Drivers of Focusing on Performance in Indonesia.” Earth Lender Economic Review 33 (three): 573–97. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2019. “Universal Fundamental Revenue in the Producing Earth.” Annual Review of Economics eleven (one): 959–83. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2000. “Seize and Governance at Area and National Stages.” American Economic Review ninety (2): 135–39. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2019. “Decentralization and Effectiveness of Subsidy Focusing on: Evidence from Chiefs in Rural Malawi.” Journal of General public Economics 185: 1–25. Google Scholar.
- 2020. “Foodstuff Stability Measures in Sub-Saharan Africa. A Validation of the LSMS-ISA Scale.” Journal of African Economies 29 (one): 90–120. Google Scholar.
- 2019. “Promoting Successful Inclusion and Resilience amid the Inadequate: Multi-nation RCT of the Sahel Adaptive Social Defense Plan.” AEA RCT Registry. Google Scholar.
- 2018. “A Inadequate Indicates Check? Econometric Focusing on in Africa.” Journal of Enhancement Economics 134: 109–24. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2014. “Validity and Dependability of Foodstuff Stability Measures.” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 1331 (one): 230–48. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2004a. Focusing on of Transfers in Producing International locations: Review of Classes and Expertise. Vol. one. Washington, DC: Earth Lender Publications. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2004b. “Focusing on Results Redux.” Earth Lender Research Observer 19 (one): 61–85. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2004. “On the Focusing on and Redistributive Efficiencies of Option Transfer Devices.” Review of Revenue and Prosperity 50 (one): 11–27. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2002. “Neighborhood-Centered Focusing on Mechanisms for Social Basic safety Nets: A Critical Review.” Earth Enhancement 30 (three): 375–94. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2015. Basic safety Nets in Africa: Successful Mechanisms to Reach the Inadequate and Most Vulnerable. Washington, DC: Earth Lender and Agence Française de Développement. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2017. “The Focusing on Performance of Social Transfers.” Journal of Enhancement Performance nine (2): 162–211. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2020. Checking out Universal Fundamental Revenue: A Manual to Navigating Ideas, Evidence, and Methods. Washington, DC: Earth Lender. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 1995. “Proxy Indicates Assessments for Focusing on Social Plans.” Operating Paper 118, Residing Requirements Measurement Study, Earth Lender. Washington, DC, United states. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2018. “Universal Fundamental Incomes vs . Targeted Transfers: Anti-Poverty Plans in Producing International locations.” Journal of Economic Views 32 (four): 201–26. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2019. “Focusing on Ultra-bad Homes in Honduras and Peru.” Earth Lender Economic Review 33 (one): 63–94. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2016. “How Narrowly Really should Anti-poverty Plans Be Targeted? Simulation Evidence from Bolivia and Indonesia.” Discussion Paper Sequence No. 213, Göttingen College. Göttingen, Germany. Google Scholar.
- 2016. “Retooling Poverty Focusing on Employing Out-of-Sample Validation and Device Discovering.” Earth Lender Economic Review 32 (three): 531–50. Google Scholar.
- 2013. “Neighborhood-Centered Focusing on in the Social Defense Sector.” Operating Paper No. 514, Abroad Enhancement Institute, London, British isles. Google Scholar
- 2012. “Beyond Baseline and Observe-Up: The Situation for More T in Experiments.” Journal of Enhancement Economics 99 (2): 210–21. CrossrefGoogle Scholar
- 2012. “Who is Vouching for the Input Voucher? Decentralized Focusing on and Elite Seize in Tanzania.” Earth Enhancement 40 (eight): 1619–33. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2020. “Behavioral Transform Promotion, Money Transfers and Early Childhood Enhancement, Experimental Evidence from a Governing administration Plan in a Minimal-income Setting.” Earth Lender Plan Research Operating Paper No. 9368, Earth Lender: Washington, DC, United states. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 1995. “Is Focusing on Via a Perform Prerequisite Economical? Some Evidence for Rural India.” In General public Paying and the Inadequate: Theory and Evidence. Edited by Dominique van de Walle and Kimberly Nead, 413–44. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins College Push. Google Scholar.
- 2009. “How Applicable is Focusing on to the Results of an Antipoverty Plan?” Earth Lender Research Observer 24 (2): 205–31. LinkGoogle Scholar.
- 2019. “How to Target Homes in Adaptive Social Defense Techniques? Evidence from Humanitarian and Enhancement Methods in Niger.” Journal of Enhancement Scientific tests fifty five (sup1): 75–90. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2016. “Reaching the Inadequate: Money Transfer Plan Focusing on in Cameroon.” Earth Enhancement eighty three: 244–63. CrossrefGoogle Scholar.
- 2020. “Inadequate Households’ Successful Investments of Money Transfers: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from Niger.” Journal of African Economies 29 (one): 63–89. Google Scholar.
- 2009. “Validating the Earth Foodstuff Programme’s Foodstuff Use Rating and Option Indicators of Family Foodstuff Stability.” Discussion Paper 00870, Global Foodstuff Plan Research Institute, Washington, DC, United states. Google Scholar.
Earth Lender. 2011. “Niger Basic safety Internet Job, Job Appraisal Doc.” Earth Lender, Washington, DC, United states. Google Scholar Earth Lender. 2017. “Republic of Niger. Priorities for Ending Poverty and Boosting Shared Prosperity. Systematic Country Diagnostic.” Earth Lender, Washington, DC, United states. LinkGoogle Scholar Earth Foodstuff Programme. 2008. “Food Use Examination: Calculation and Use of the Foodstuff Use Rating in Foodstuff Use and Foodstuff Stability Examination.” Technological Direction Sheet, Rome. Google Scholar
- 1998. “Nonparametric Regression Procedures in Economics.” Journal of Economic Literature 36 (2): 669–721. Google Scholar.