In this article, we’ll go over some basic facts about hypertension to better understand this condition. We’ll also discuss why hypertension patients should purchase a health insurance plan.
Hypertension causes blood pressure to rise above 130 over 80 mmHg. Normal blood pressure is 120 over 80. Stress is the leading cause of hypertension, which can come from personal and professional situations or physical issues. Untreated hypertension can cause strokes, heart attacks, and other problems.
Lifestyle changes that can lower high blood pressure:
- Hypertension management depends on weight. Those who are overweight are advised to try and lose weight and maintain the appropriate BMI for their body. Ask your doctor about your optimal weight.
- Healthy eating controls blood pressure. Eat lots of potassium-rich veggies and fruits. Reduce calories, fat, and sugar.
- High sodium intake raises blood pressure. Salt reduction reduces the likelihood of increased blood pressure.
- Exercise regularly. Exercising makes blood pressure regulation easier. 30 minutes of moderate exercise thrice a week is good.
- Check your blood pressure frequently. To detect blood pressure peaks, monitor your blood pressure. High blood pressure often has no visible symptoms.
- These lifestyle adjustments can lower hypertension.
Forms of Hypertension:
- Primary Hypertension: Primary hypertension affects blood plasma volume and hormone activity. Stress and inactivity can also cause primary hypertension.
- Secondary hypertension: Diabetes, renal disease, hyperthyroidism, pregnancy, obesity, and other medical factors can cause it.
Effects of Hypertension:
- Arteriosclerosis, caused by hypertension, weakens and ruptures blood vessel walls. It could be fatal.
- Hypertension increases the chances of cerebral bleeding or a stroke.
- High blood pressure damages renal blood arteries, affecting kidney blood flow.
- Hypertension affects pregnant women. Hypertension during pregnancy can cause low birth weight and stunted growth.
Why Purchasing a Health Plan is Important for Patients with Hypertension
- It could be difficult for someone making the average salary to pay for medical bills, including doctor’s fees, pricey medications, hospitalisation costs, diagnostic tests, etc.
- You can protect yourself from OPD or daycare expenditures in addition to being compensated for the hospitalisation expenses by purchasing a health insurance plan. *
- You can receive the most outstanding medical care with a well-researched and acquired health plan. Prioritising benefits over costs may be advisable in this situation. * ##
It would help if you unwound because stressing about medical bills can worsen your health. After all, if you already have hypertension, you simply cannot afford to carry any additional tension!
We’ll also review some things to consider while purchasing insurance for your hypertension condition.
- Start Early:
When is the best time to purchase an insurance policy? Many people have this question. Getting one as soon as you can is the smart move. Waiting for a tragedy to occur before buying coverage is not advisable. You’ve definitely heard the saying, “A stitch in time saves nine.” So make sure to invest at the earliest to make your future with healthcare tension-free! ##
- Waiting Period:
Hypertension has a 2-4 year waiting period, much like every other pre-existing condition. You may be able to pay for your waiting period before the need for a big hospitalisation if you invest in a health plan at the right moment.
- Low Premiums:
If you start immediately, your premiums could be significantly lower than if you wait to start. Health insurance for individuals with hypertension is undoubtedly extremely beneficial. Additionally, purchasing plans has gotten much simpler thanks to easy access to the internet, which allows you to quickly compare dozens of health plans before choosing the ideal one. *
In conclusion, it is wiser for everyone to purchasehealth insurance, especially with pre-existing conditions like hypertension. It will put your mind at much more ease if a situation is to arise by covering medical expenses.
Use a health insurance premium calculator to find a plan that fits you best.
* Standard T&C Apply
## All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
‘Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation.’ For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.‘